Thursday, November 17, 2011

Extend group project: View 1

EXTEND Group Project: Construction

We had to create letters that were 3 feet in height in Futura font, so we projected them onto the wall and traced them. To illustrate extend, we made each letter progressively deeper. The "e" was 1 foot deep and the d was 3.5 feet deep, with each letter in between increasing half a foot. All in all we used about 10 rolls of duct tape.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's in a word: group project: brainstorming

We had lots of ideas for creating the word 'extend' 3D to show its meaning, but the idea that stuck was to make the depth of the letters grow from the first letter to the last.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Product Design: Final Lint Roller

This was the final product that my teammates and I came up with. It is more functional than the original lint roller we studied, because it has a travel case that slides close to protect tape when not in use and an adjustable strap for ease of use.

What's in a Word: Dribble Final Design