Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring fever

I have been inspired lately by a) the birds singing and b) other bloggers excitement over springs arrival. I can't wait for the weather to wear this dress! Although it has been warmer, there is still lots of snow on the ground.


Pattern: I combined two patterns: McCalls 3148 for the bodice (size 12, view A) and Simplicity 2884 (size 12, view B) for the skirt.


Pattern modifications:
In order to combine the two patterns I just substituted the button up top with princess seams for the halter. I kept the side zip of the dress, but still kept the buttons from the bodice for looks. Fit-wise I did end up having to take a little in on the sides, and overlap the button flap more, but I am really happy with the fit. My best fitting hand sewn garment so far! I also added the blue pre-gathered lace.

Fabric: blue fabric with lilacs. I'm not sure exactly what kind of fabric it is. It definitely has cotton in it, but the fabric has a waxy sheen to it. Looks vintage. Bought it for $4.00.


Conclusion: As I said, I am excited to wear it for spring, and the fit is great! It looks great with a petticoat, as in these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment