Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Inspiration

The inspirations for this sewing and craft blog have come from viewing a tremendous amount of craft blogs in the last 2 weeks since I discovered Google reader and got excited about checking out lots of different blogs!

The inspiration for the name of my blog comes from the idea of a chrysalis, the pupa form of a moth or butterfly as it changes within the cocoon - before it emerges. My mother always told me she wished she had named me Chrysalis. She dreamt my name - Kristen. And she says that she thinks she misinterpreted the dream, that my name should have been Chrysalis. I don't think I will ever change my name to Chrysalis or Krisalis, but I embrace it as a pseudonym for my crafter self who helps materials go through a chrysalis stage to emerge as sewn butterfly masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment