Tuesday, February 24, 2009


pattern: $0.75 from Value Village, view 2

skirt: fabric $3.00 from Value Village, purple wool

I am not very happy with how the skirt came out. I was going for the high-wasted skirt look, but the skirt wasn't quite high wasted enough, and the wool seemed too bulky in the waste. The fit isn't great. I used a French seam, like I learned how to make for the petticoat. However, because the seam was finished nicely before I had a change to check the fit, I wasn't able to edit the side seams at all. The original pattern had pleats in the front and darts in the back. I had to change the pleats in the front to darts so that the waste would fit (the pleats made it too small). But the skirt gaps out right around the mid-thigh in an unattractive way...

No comments:

Post a Comment